Nordic Walking uses specially designed poles to enhance your natural walking experience. The result is a full body workout, which means that you:
• burn up to 46% more calories compared to walking without poles
• release tension in the neck and shoulders
• improve your posture and gait
• strengthen your back and abdominal muscles
• reduce the impact on your joints
• engage over 90% of your skeletal muscles
And because Nordic Walking doesn’t feel like hard work you’ll be happy to walk further and for longer.
In Finland, Nordic cross-country skiers have been using ski poles for summer training since as early as the 1930s. However, it was not until 1997 that the first Nordic Walking pole was manufactured, designed specifically for walking rather than cross-country skiing. Shortly after this, the International Nordic Walking Association was established in Finland to promote and teach Nordic Walking world-wide.
Millions of people now enjoy Nordic Walking globally, including countries such as Latvia to China!